playground daze blog button quote about kindergarten

Thursday, June 9, 2016

QR Codes, Reading, & Word Work



I love using QR Codes during my Reading Block. When I am working with Guided Reading or Small Groups, the rest of my students are managed with Daily 5. The students favorite rotation is the Listen To Read Station. The students love our interactive QR Code READBOX. The READBOX features 126 of our favorite read alouds that I found on You Tube. I filter the videos first through Safeshare and create the QR Code of the filtered video. This prevents students from seeing any inappropriate video or advertisement on You Tube. When the students scan the QR Code, they will only be able to see the read aloud. The READBOX is available on my TPT store




I also love creating QR Code self-checking activities for word work to help the students to be more independent. Check out some examples of the activities. All the activities are available on my TPT store.


 This CVC QR Code self-checking activity allows students to build the word and scan the QR Code to see if they are correct.
What students see when they scan QR Code
Task card




What students see when they scan QR Code

Task Card
I also love smashing apps together to make the learning more fun and interactive. Tellagami is an app you can use to create a talking avatar. I used the app to create a QR Code rhyming activity. The students scan the task card to hear the word. Then, they circle the word that rhymes on the task card and the recording sheet. Students can scan the recording sheet to check all their answers.
Rhyming Task Card



What the students see when they scan the QR Code 

                  
       




Recording Sheet










What students see when they scan the QR Code on the Recording Sheet





No comments:

Post a Comment